Free download Keepvid for Mac destop software. Install and launch the software. Then follow the steps to download and convert online videos such as YouTube, Facebook, etc.
The steps guide on how to download and convert YouTube videos and also apply to how to download and convert Facebook videos, Google Videos, Metacafe, eHow, Vimeo, MTV, BBC, Dailymotion, etc.
How to download and convert YouTube videos with Keepvid for Mac - AllMyTube
Step 1: Browse YouTube videos in internet browser
Open Safari or FireFox or Chrome browser to browse YouTube videos you want to download.
Step 2: Start download YouTube videos
Copy the video URL in the address bar, and then click the "Paste URL" button.
You can also simply drag and drop the video URL directly to the Dock icon or the interface of the program to create a new download task.
Keepvid for Mac will start to download YouTube videos.
Step 3: Convert downloaded YouTube videos with Keepvid for Mac
Click "Downloaded" tab to move to "Downloaded" interface. All downloaded videos with the detailed information like video size, format and resolution are listed. Select the video you want to convert and click the corresponding "Convert" button. Then choose the video format you want convert YouTube video to and click "OK" to start converting.
How to download and convert YouTube videos with Keepvid for Mac - Xilisoft Online Video Converter
Step 1: Browse YouTube.com in the embeded web browser of the program
Click YouTube icon to start browse YouTube.com in the embeded web browser. Find the video that you want to download and play it.
Step 2: Press on Download button to start download.
When the "Download" button change to "green" from gray. Press on the "Download" button.
Step 3: Customize download option
When you press on "Download" button in Step 2, the "New Download" button pops up. In the "New Download" window, you can:
- Rename file name
- Choose download quality either 1080p, 720p, 480p, 320p, or 240p
- Change destination of downloaded video
- Change destination of downloaded video
- Set automatically convert format or "Do not Convert" if you do not want to convert the download video.
- To set automatically "Convert to Format", click the format drop-down to choose desired audio or video. For example, to download and convert YouTube to MP3, choose format as "MP3-MPEG Layer-3 Audio". To download and convert YouTube to MP4, choose format as "MPEG-4 Video".
Step 4: Start Download and convert
When everything is set, press "OK" in the "New Download" windows to start downloading and converting.
- Download Videos
- Convert Videos
- Manage Download Task
- Set Preferences
- Learn more about Keepvid for Mac
Step 1: Paste URL
Copy the URL of the YouTube video from browser. The URL will be automatically pasted to the URL field. To paste multiple URLs, click “For Multiple URLs” and paste the URLs.
Step 2: Chose “Download quality”
By default, this option is set to “Best Available”. In the “Best Available” option, Keepvid fro Mac will download YouTube video of the highest definition. For example, if a specific YouTube video offers 1080p, 720p, 480p video playback, by choosing “Best available”, the HD 1080 video will be downloaded and saved to your computer.
Step 3: Set Destination Folder
Click to browse and set which folder you want the downloaded video to be saved to.
Step 4: Start Downloading
Click button to start downloading videos.
Step 5: Play Video
When downloading is finished, click the destination link left beside of to locate the downloaded video.
Automatically convert videos after downloading is complete
Check the option of “Automatically Convert to”. Click the little drop-down triangle on the right to set output video or audio format. Adjust “Conversion Quality” to “high”, “Optimal” “Medium” or “Low”.
Convert videos from local
To convert video or audio files from local computer, switch to “Convert” tab. In the “Convert” tab, click “Browse” button to load files to Keepvid for Mac. Click the little drop-down triangle on the right to set output video or audio format. Adjust “Conversion Quality” to “high”, “Optimal” “Medium” or “Low”.
You can also change the video and audio volume or cut the unwanted video or audio part by setting the start time and the end time.
When you’ve copied URL and pressed on “Download” button, the downloading tasks will show in the “Activity” Tab. The information of the video will be shown in the task list including video size, download process, download speed and status. After downloading is finished, if you check the option of “Automatically Convert to”, the conversion progress will be started automatically which can be seen in the “Activity” Tab.
In the “Activity” Tab, you can easily start new download, load local files for conversion, pause, resume, and delete downloading tasks. Locate and play the download video in the toolbar buttons.
- Click and paste URL, then press button to start downloading.
- Click “Load Video” in “File” menu to browse local video then press “Convert” button to start convert
- Check the downloading task(s) and click to resume downloading task(s).
- Select the downloading task(s) and click to pause downloading task(s)
- Select the downloading task(s) and click to stop downloading task(s)
- Select the downloading task(s) and click to delete downloading task(s)
- Select the downloading task(s) and click to open downloaded/converted video
- Select the downloading task(s) and click to play downloaded video. “Play” option requires videos are completed downloaded.
Keepvid for Mac allows to set preference for easily download YouTube videos.
Click “Option -> Preference” in the main menu to open the “Preference” Window.
In the “Preference” window, you can set destination folder, download video quality, whether you want the folder to open or not after download is finished, the number of the simultaneous Download, after done action such as shut download computer when all the downloading tasks are finished.